Bathtime is one of the best times of day in our household. The boy-o has a total ball splashing all over the place and sending water flying! (usually on mummy or daddy!) We received the Precious Planet Whale of a Tub by Fisher Price as a baby shower gift, and little did we know then how much all three of us would end up loving this tub.
This tub has several features which make it a total winner in my books!
1. The little green seat in the middle. Basically you lay your baby back in the "tail" and rest their bum on the seat. This means that they can comfortably lay back and be fully supported and there's no worry of them slipping down into the bottom because they're sitting on the seat. Once your baby can sit up on their own and tries to escape the seat, it pops out, allowing your older infant to simply sit up in the bottom of the tub instead.
2. The green foam along the back of the tail. This patch of foam not only provides a padded head rest for your little while they get their bath, but it also adds a bit of traction to help prevent any slipping.
3. The tub comes with a smaller orange whale. It has some holes in the bottom and can be used to entertain baby, or to help rinse them off. The boy-o loves to chew on it! (He loves to chew on EVERYTHING so no surprise there!)
4. The plug in the bottom. The tub a small plug in the base to allow the water to drain out. We just dump it out the side, but it's nice to have the slow drain option so you can pop it in the big tub or over the sink and let the plug out for a slow drain while you go do something else.
5. The adorableness. One of the reasons I love this tub is purely cosmetic and I'll admit that. It's just so super CUTE! I love the design of it and the fact that our bathtime includes ocean animals.
There's an interactive demonstrate of all the specifics of the tub on the Fisher Price website. All of the product pictures are also from the Fisher Price website.
So overall I give the Precious Planet Whale of a Tub at 10/10! There's nothing about this tub I dislike and I am SO glad that we got it as a gift.