Friday, September 20, 2013

Product Review: Whale of a Tub

Bathtime is one of the best times of day in our household. The boy-o has a total ball splashing all over the place and sending water flying! (usually on mummy or daddy!) We received the Precious Planet Whale of a Tub by Fisher Price as a baby shower gift, and little did we know then how much all three of us would end up loving this tub.

Some people consider infant tubs a waste of money, but my back and knees greatly appreciate this tub! We fill it with water and place it on the center of our kitchen table so there's no bending over the big tub,or kneeling on the hard bathroom floor. Plus, this tub is designed to keep your infant safe, which beats having to worry about him slipping in the big tub.

This tub has several features which make it a total winner in my books!

1. The little green seat in the middle. Basically you lay your baby back in the "tail" and rest their bum on the seat. This means that they can comfortably lay back and be fully supported and there's no worry of them slipping down into the bottom because they're sitting on the seat. Once your baby can sit up on their own and tries to escape the seat, it pops out, allowing your older infant to simply sit up in the bottom of the tub instead.



2. The green foam along the back of the tail. This patch of foam not only provides a padded head rest for your little while they get their bath, but it also adds a bit of traction to help prevent any slipping.

3. The tub comes with a smaller orange whale. It has some holes in the bottom and can be used to entertain baby, or to help rinse them off. The boy-o loves to chew on it! (He loves to chew on EVERYTHING so no surprise there!)



4. The plug in the bottom. The tub a small plug in the base to allow the water to drain out. We just dump it out the side, but it's nice to have the slow drain option so you can pop it in the big tub or over the sink and let the plug out for a slow drain while you go do something else.

5. The adorableness. One of the reasons I love this tub is purely cosmetic and I'll admit that. It's just so super CUTE! I love the design of it and the fact that our bathtime includes ocean animals.

There's an interactive demonstrate of all the specifics of the tub on the Fisher Price website. All of the product pictures are also from the Fisher Price website.

So overall I give the Precious Planet Whale of a Tub at 10/10! There's nothing about this tub I dislike and I am SO glad that we got it as a gift.

8 comments:

  1. We have a very similar fisher price one and couldn't live without it! Ours doesn't have the nifty little rinser though so we use a kitchen bowl lol! The little ridge is such and life saver holding their bum in place isn't it? Great review :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Boy-o is trying to sit up so much that I think the seat is going to have to come out on ours soon! They grow so fast--good thing the tub is designed to grow with them!

      Delete
  2. Really cute. My son is 21 so I can't use one but will think about this as a baby shower gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan, I think this would make an excellent shower gift for just about anyone! Also, you've just given me a great idea for my next blog post. :)

      Delete
  3. Very cute! How did our parents live without this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me when I think about all the safety stuff they have now for kids and sometimes I wonder how did WE live without this stuff?!

      Delete
  4. I've never seen this but it's completely adorable :) will keep in mind for the next baby shower I go to! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.

      I think there are some other "animals" in the same style tub as well. They make a super cute shower gift and they're also really practical. It's a win-win!

      Delete