Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mmmmm...What's Cooking?

One of my favourite things to do is cook and bake when the weather is cool enough that I don't end up heating my entire house up!! I'm always on the look out for new recipes, especially for new ways to use veggies to try and sneak more of them into our daily diet. (not that's we're afraid of them... we're just not BFFs)

If you're looking for some new recipe ideas head on over to the "Recipe" section for some dinner ideas. As I post new recipes here I'll move them over there as well so you can find them all in one delicious spot.

At the moment we're a little obsessed with Zucchini since my parents gave us SOOOO much of it! Looking for a tasty way to use up your zucchini? Try this recipe out today!

Zucchini and Turkey Meatloaf:
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1lb ground turkey 
  • 1 tablespoon hot water
  •  2 Teaspons instant beef bouillon
  •  1 cup grated zucchini
  •  1/2 cup Stovetop Turkey Stuffing Mix
  •  1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or other white cheese!)
  •  1 small onion, finely chopped
  •  1/2 cup milk
  •  1 large egg

  •  
    Directions:
    1. Mix together bouillon and hot water.
    2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
    3. Mix thoroughly and place in loaf pan or casserole dish.
    4. Cook at 350.F for 1.5 hours, or until cooked through.
    Note: You can make this recipe in a large muffin tin to create individual meal sized portions, perfect for freezing!
     
     

    2 comments:

    1. So I believe your zucchini is the same as our courgette and, weirdly, I'm attempting a courgette cake tomorrow! (Ok Simon is) love this recipe, turkey is so much healthier than other meats, so this seems great, Sarah

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Zuchinni/Courgette cake is delicious!! It goes amazingly well with chocolate actually. I hope it turned out for you.

        Delete